Sunday, October 24, 2010

Victorian Outfit Update


Well, I certainly have been busy, and am about to take some pictures for you lovelies while this sits open :)

This is my hat :) Made from a pre-made fascinator base, I then covered it with the pale blue velveteen. I then rolled the velveteen and attached to the edge. I am yet to find flowers I like, so will be keeping an eye out for those.

The layers you see, or don't see here are as follows-

  • Chemise and drawers
  • Corset, which is still the mock-up- though I have cut out the white and organised a busk and boning
  • Petticoat- As before, and still not ironed
  • Underskirt that I drafted and sewed yesterday, the waistband is not yet attached and nor is it hemmed, but I am extremely pleased with it.
Yay, I now need to make that trip to Melbourne this week, sew an overskirt (which looks kinda like an apron), complete my corset and bodice. Sounds simple, in reality though...

1 comment:

  1. ooh looking good! i love the colours!

    hey i messaged lucas the other day about catching up, rowan and i were thinking of heading to ballarat soonish and thought, well, since you guys are there, we should do something together :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please feel free to comment... if you have a blog of your own, leave a link and I will drop by and say hello