Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Re-enactment

Update time. So I've been working on a few things at the moment which are re-enactment related, both 13th C and 1880's. Yay!

Well first things first. I am making a 13th Century underdress. Nice basic white linen. Geometric shapes. Superb comfort.

Secondly: 1880's. My corset pattern should be delivered tonight so I can get a move on with that. Then comes the underskirt, and borrowing a pattern for that. I CHOSE A COLOUR AND FABRIC. SKY BLUE COTTON. Then I am quite happy with making the skirt, but am terrified about the bodice. But I at least don't have to worry about them until after the underthings are fully completed.

Thirdly: Accessories. 13th C. Well shoes, Luke has the leather for them and could easily make me a pair, but I am still owed a pair which I paid for, so I am still kinda in a touchy mood about that. 1880's accessories... Boots well can't make them, so here is the next best thing, the low heel ones in black. Parasol and fan are coming from the same store, cream Battenberg lace parasol. Last night we came up with an exciting way to overcome our glove issue.... Crochet lace cotton table runner, turned into lace mitts :-) I have ordered a 1887 pocket watch (so pretty) and am waiting for that in the mail. Yay. I am also in the process of working out a hat. I have a pattern and such, it is essentially a small wire frame with velvet ribbon wrapped around it and then sprigs of flowers and a BIG BOW.


So that't where all that is at. So I will hopefully have some pictures for the next update :)

Mxx

2 comments:

  1. wow its so complex! looking forward to seeing the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. now here is to trying to get it finished for the weekend of November 20 :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please feel free to comment... if you have a blog of your own, leave a link and I will drop by and say hello